The work of Edson Zampronha opens surprising and original paths for music!
His works include orchestral, vocal, electroacoustic and chamber music, and they have often been incorporated in concerts, theater, dance, sound installations and film.
Listen to Curva ao Infinito [Curve toward the Infinite], for piano and electroacoustics, performed live by Luciane Cardassi at The Banff Centre, Canada.
Edson Zampronha has received outstanding commissions, including:
- The XXI and XXII Biennial for the Brazilian Contemporary Music - FUNARTE, Brazil, for the work Sonora.
- The São Paulo Symphony Orchestra Foundation - OSESP, Brazil, for the work O Canto de Phoebus [The Sing of Phoebus], a tribute to Bach.
- The Museum for the Applied Arts [Museum für Angewandte Kunst], in Cologne, Germany, for the work Listening Beyond, composed for the cultural activities during the Soccer World Cup 2006.
- The São Paulo State Symphonic Band, Brazil, for the work Diante do Abismo (In front of the Abyss), composed for the 100th Anniversary of the São Paulo State Gallery, Brazil.
- The project IN'DIALOGOS, created by the clarinetist José Luiz Braz connecting music and dance, for the work Naturalis
- The Trio Puelli, Brazil, for the work O Acorde Invisível [The Invisible Chord], included in the CD Primma.
- The Teatro Dran, Spain, for the theatre-performance Justo antes de los Bosques [Right before the forest], directed by Ruth Rivera and Jaime Rodríguez.
- The Symphonic Orchestra of Sergipe, Brazil, for the Concerto for Piano and Orchestra n.1.
- The catwalk shows of María Lafuente at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Madrid, Spain (2009-2013).